National Towel Day

National Towel Day
*salutes Douglas Adams*

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and AWESOME?

Read the first three chapters. So far I like it more than the original Jane Austin story, but it's practically the same thing with random zombie action. It's still sort of funny, but you can't quite mask the boring. I still harbor no interest in the relationships.

------

UPDATE

Read success.

A lot more boring than I thought it'd be. Essentially, it was just as I had noticed from the first three chapters--it's the same story I read {or rather read half of} five years ago and I still hate it. The zombies and ninja action were the only highlights. In fact, when I get the chance, I'm going back and whiting out anything that doesn't have to do with zombies or the fighting of zombies and perhaps by then I'll be able to read this story without feeling my boredom irk me so often. Maybe it might work, come of think of it.

But as I said before, my attention kept drifting. It's not like your traditional horror story because it feels way too much like the extra bits were practically copy-pasted in. In a traditional horror story, the mood is set, the people are adjusted to the mood, and nothing else is more important than survival. Meanwhile, in PaPaZ, the mother is still trying to get her daughters married during a zombie invasion. In every and any situation involving zombies, people don't give a damn about marriage. I mean, sure, if their husband's being attacked by the undead, by all means, flip out. But to worry about getting hitched when flesh puppets are dancing the Earth? I can't see it.

I'm one of those sorts that have a very flexible view on zombies themselves. I'm willing to accept the Rage Virus rabies-people into the mix as well as the undead. As long as the individual has no control of his or her actions, only has strength in numbers, is sort of dull in the intelligence department, and craves brains, then that person's a zombie. I guess.

Personally, I make sure I'm prepared for zombies, should they ever be a problem. I make sure I know where the safest rooms are in whichever house I stay in and what sort of long blunt objects I could use as a weapon. You never know, really. If it never happens then what'dya know? I have a plan to defend myself in case of the more common home invasion.

I haven't read Interview with a Vampire yet, but I shall soon. I do not own a copy and so I must get a hold of one. Until then...

-Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment