National Towel Day

National Towel Day
*salutes Douglas Adams*

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh, my brothers

It's the wonderful week of literary speculation. I plan to read and have started A Clockwork Orange. I have seen most of the movie that I would hear so much about {and I would have wished to see the rest of it, but I didn't have the luxury}. I thought the story was coming along very well too, until I had to stop. Now I've got a hold of the text though, and text is usually better than the films, so we'll see.

I had actually seen the movie Big Fish as well, though not all that recently. I saw it around the time that it came out on DVD. I don't remember a whole lot about the story, but I remember the movie had an impact on someone I watched it with whose father was dying at the time. It was one of those stories that takes its title from a 'fisherman's tale'. A 'big fish' is the embellished part of the story in order to add something impressive in the place of something drab or mediocre. From what I can remember, the movie revolves around the tale of a man's son remembering the stories he used to tell about his past, and they were always very fantastical. The son remained generally skeptical about them but after his father died he seemed to prefer the memory of those amazing tales he told to anything else.

Anyways, I'll be updating this once I get to the middle of A Clockwork Orange because I'm far behind and I have a lot of studying to do for a couple of pending exams. I might not be able to finish this novel in time for the last day of class. I will probably skip on to the last week's subject of Bizarro fiction because it involves listening and I can work on drawings while I pay attention. This will likely be updated last then.

-Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment